Hifonics BG-1600.4 BRUTUS GAMMA 1600 Watt Amplifier
Original Price $248.99
Current Price $189.99
Hifonics BRUTUS GAMMA Four Channel audio amplifier delivers 1600 watts with Super A/B Class™ technology that features Ultra-Fi™ MOSFET outputs that are selected for both balance and output power.
- Low Noise Preamplifier Circuit: Maximum low voltage signal from the source unit comes into the amplifier circuit with minimal distortion.
- RCA Inputs: Nickel-plated RCA jacks create the most effiecient High/Low Level audio connection and resist corrosion.
- Operation Mode: 4 channel operation mode allows either stereo or mono bridged operation.
- Crossover Type: Variable electronic crossovers allow for complete control of the sound.
- Electronic Equalizer: Control of amplifier output with on-board electronic crossover to tailor specific frequencies to speakers and subwoofers.
- Class/Topology: Super A/B Class proprietary designs use high-speed microprocessors with proprietary D/A conversion algorithms to efficiently control the current consumption. At very high listening levels, this unique hybrid of Super A/B Technology results in lower distortion, higher current efficiencies and less heat than conventional amplifier designs.
- Output Device Technology: Pro-Fi? Output Device Technology
The Ultra-Fi? MOSFET is designed for music production vs just electronics output power. It produces very musical high power with high efficiency for cooling and minimal distortion.
- Heat Sink: Classic aluminum Hifonics design to minimize heat build up on the Ultra-Fi? output devices.
- Power Supply: Simpatico Coil Design
The dual coil Pulse Width Modulated power supply keeps voltage constant through the Ultra-Fi output devices.
- Output Connections: High temperature impact resistant nickel plated connectors with allen head set screws which allow for secure termination of wire and creates an erosion resistant seal.
- Connection Type: Secure molded connection terminal for all Power, Ground and Speaker connections. Angled for ease of access while creating a clean wire mangement profile.
- LED System Protection Circuitry Diagnostics: Monitor overload and speaker short protection with illuminated indicators on the amplifier end panel.
- CEA Standards: CTA-2006B Compliant. CTA stands for Consumer Technology Association and Hifonics has been a member for decades.
- Class: Super A/B Class?
- Total Channels: 4
- Power @ 2 Ohms (ch x watts): 4 x 400
- Power @ 4 Ohms (ch x watts): 4 x 200
- Mono Bridged @ 4 Ohms (ch x watts): 2 x 800
- Crossover: Variable Electronic 12dB Per Octave
- Variable High Pass Crossover 12dB per Octave: 10Hz-2.5KHz
- Variable Low Pass Crossover 12dB per Octave: 30Hz-2.5KHz
- Tone Control/Parametric EQ: Built-in bass control
- Bass Boost: 0-10dB
- Variable Voltage: 2 to 9V
- Frequency Response: 10Hz-22kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): < 0.5%
- Speaker Level Audio Inputs: Yes
- Power Terminal 12v/GND: 4 AWG
- Speaker Terminal Wire Gauge: 12 AWG
- Fusing: 100A
- Color: Bright Silver Hairline Anodized Finish
- Dimensions: 19.88 x 15.13 x 10.88 in
- Weight:41.6 lbs